Missouri: Amendment 3
Missouri residents will get the opportunity to vote on adult-use cannabis legalization on November 8, 2022!
What are the details?
Amendment 3 will appear on the ballot in Missouri. You can read the full text of the initiative here.
If approved, Amendment 3 will do the following:
- Legalize the possession, use and purchases of cannabis (up to 3 ounces) for persons 21 and older.
- Allow persons with certain nonviolent cannabis-related offenses to petition for release from incarceration, parole, and probation, and to have their records expunged.
- Enact a 6% tax on retail cannabis sales.
- Allow existing medical cannabis businesses to apply for “comprehensive” licenses to participate in the recreational program (these businesses will have the first access to comprehensive licenses and there is no guarantee that additional comprehensive licenses will be awarded).
- Create a system for awarding “microbusiness” licenses for smaller-scale cannabis businesses.
- Allow persons over the age of 21 to grow a limited amount of cannabis plants at home with a state-issued registration card.
- Make sure you are registered to vote at your current address.
- If you would like to vote in person on Election Day, you must cast your ballot at your polling place between 6 am and 7 pm on November 8, 2022.
- If you would like to vote by mail, request a mail-in ballot as soon as possible. The deadline to request a mail-in ballot is October 26, 2022.
- If you would like to vote by mail, make sure election officials receive your ballot by 7 pm on November 8, 2022. That means you must mail it in as early as possible.
- If you would like to vote early and in person, in-person early voting begins on October 25, 2022 and ends on November 7, 2022.
- No matter how you vote, you MUST have at least one valid form of identification.