What are the details?
Proposition 207 will appear on the ballot in Arizona. You can read the full text of the initiative here. If approved, Proposition 207 will do the following:
- Legalize the possession and use of marijuana for persons over the age of 21.
- Enact a 16% tax on marijuana sales.
- Require the state to create a system for regulating marijuana.
- Allow local governments to prohibit marijuana facilities within their borders.
- Allow persons with past convictions for certain marijuana-related crimes to petition for the expungement of their criminal records.
- Make sure you are registered to vote at your current address.
- If you would like to vote in person on Election Day, you must cast your ballot at your polling place between 6 am and 7 pm on November 3, 2020.
- If you would like to vote by mail, request a mail-in ballot as soon as possible. Mail-in ballots will be sent out beginning on October 7, 2020. The deadline to request a mail-in ballot is October 23, 2020.
- If you would like to vote by mail, make sure election officials receive your ballot by 7 pm on November 3, 2020. That means you must mail it in as early as possible. We recommend mailing your ballot in by October 13th.
- If you would like to vote early and in person, in-person early voting begins on October 7, 2020 and ends on October 30, 2020.
- No matter how you vote, you MUST have at least one valid form of identification.
To learn more about cannabis laws in Arizona and find out where elected officials in the state stand on cannabis reform, check out our Arizona state page.